Corporate Social Responsibility
This year Valuemed is supporting the East Coast Hospice Appeal
• A Norfolk coast charity with the ambition to raise funds to build and run an adult hospice with 10 inpatient beds and also day services to support people in the community at home.
• The hospice will provide specialist end of life care and well-being support free of charge and will rely on the support of the community to do this.
• The cost of building and fitting out the hospice will be £5 million and the building programme will take around 18 months.
• The charity has already made great progress by purchasing 7.54 acres of land and securing planning permission. The land is fenced and the ground works are in place.
• The next stage is to raise £2.5 million. Once they have this cash in the bank, they can start building and applying to grant-making trusts for the remainder of the capital costs.
How are we helping the charity?
• Financially with donations of cash
• Donating raffle prizes for fundraising events
• We are selling a fundraising East Coast Hospice Stethoscope through this site and also through our Amazon shop
• Sharing and promoting fundraising events on social media and at networking events
• Advising on website development & speed
• Supporting fundraising events
• Encouraging our employees to become involved with the charity and to help spread the word
We also believe it is important to minimise our impact on the environment as a company
How do we do this:
• We use our use resources efficiently, making sure all lights and computers are turned off in when office not in use.
• All our lighting is LED energy-efficient lights
• We recruit from within our local community to minimise commuting
• All our staff including the two directors live within 3 miles or less of our office
• Three members of staff frequently cycle to work and two often walk
• We try to re-use all the boxes that we receive goods in from manufacturers
• We recycle our inkjet printer cartridges in aid of our charity of the year
• We refill some of our printer cartridges
• We recycle all recyclables through our staff kitchen
We also believe it is essential to look after our employees
• We believe it is important to treat our employees fairly, and in a way that we would wish to be treated.
• We believe it is our duty to provide a safe, healthy and friendly workplace
• We have a great team, and we want to keep it that way.
• We believe in rewarding their hard work and dedication with good pay, and good working conditions.
• Our working hours are 8.30-4.30pm because those are the hours that our employees prefer because it means they come to work in daylight and leave work in daylight all year round.
• All employees have 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• All our staff work the number of days that they wish to work